Projects in the Portal Community are primarily tracked by The Portal Projects Group. Each project is related to ideas expressed on The Portal Podcast or by Eric Weinstein. If you know of a project that isn't on this list, please add it!
This page exists to:
- Present completed work and connect volunteers to projects
- Nurture new projects and bring them to life
Projects[edit | edit source]
Graph, Wall, Tome
Fundamental physics seems unreachable for many. This project and its subprojects aim to map and convey the information necessary to understand the most vibrant realm of human knowledge. (On Discord)
Slipping the DISC
In almost any field of human activity, mechanisms emerge to suppress or downregulate low-quality ideas in order to maintain an institution's functions. These mechanisms become pathological when they are used to suppress truth, research, and innovation that may upset or drastically alter the institution's structure, ultimately in betrayal of an its purpose.
Tracking the Portal's many ideas can be difficult. These projects organize and reconvey those ideas, or develop technology to convey them.
- 3D Printing for the Portal - On Discord
- Eric’s Most Important Set of Books
- Eric's Nightmare Species
- Eric Weinstein Quotes - On Discord
- Episode Highlights
- The Portal Clips - On Discord
- Portal Mobile App - On Discord
- Portal VR
- Portal Player - On Discord
- The Portal Essay Club
- The Portal Wiki - On Discord
- Predictions Eric Got Right - On Discord
- Riffs to Animate - On Discord
- The Portal Transcripts - On Discord
- Tribal Drinking Songs - On Discord
Meta[edit | edit source]
Starting a Project
First you have an idea, then it becomes a project. Make something of substance or show how previous work will help you make meaningful contributions.
Projects that have been completed or remained long inactive are listed here. Projects that began in name only and showed no public development are removed from the wiki.