Jump to navigation Jump to search
To see our progress, check out The Portal Media Progress.
Add Podcast Episode Information to Wiki
- Find new episodes of The Portal Podcast.
- Create a page for the podcast episode. Here's the list of [all episodes].
- Put description at top without a heading so that the Table of Contents is below the description.
- Add the thumbnail using the format of this URL. All you have to do is change the YouTube ID in the URL to get the large thumbnail for any video.
- Buttons: next, prev, mp3, art19, etc.
Join the Transcripts Discord
- Get on in here and say hi: The Portal Transcripts Discord
Pick an Episode that You'd Like to Work On
- Tell us which episode you'd like to do some work on.
See What Status It's In
- You can see the status of all the transcripts in the The Portal Media Progress doc.
Working on a Transcript
Make a Machine Readable Version
- Get the MP3 (from the episode wiki page)
- Import the MP3 into Descript
- Export a VTT file from Descript
- Check the "Remove ums/uhs Checkbox"
- Upload VTT file to wiki
- Link VTT file in The Portal Media Progress
Run Through Alex's VTT Parsing Program
Find the VTT Parsing Program on Github
- Either ping Alex (Buhlean#2694) and wait
- Download Python 3.x, download the Conversion Script (discord) and follow the instructions in the file
- open the output '_wiki.txt' file
- Paste into Wiki
Make Human-Made Version
- Add your name to the "Responsibility" column in The Portal Media Progress, so people know who to contact with questions.
- Make edits to the wiki. All progress will be tracked in the "View History" tab.
- Once you feel like you're done, change the Transcript Status to "Human-Made" in The Portal Media Progress.
Update VTT file with Human-Made Version
- Upload the MP3 file to Descript
- Make sure file is in right format to be imported into Descript.
- Export VTT file
- Upload back to wiki. Make sure you use the same filename, so that a new version of the file is created.
Run Through VTT Parser to Make Wiki-Friendly Text
- Paste new version to wiki.
- Update "Transcript Notes".
Annotating a Transcript
Create a table here for other media the community finds relevant or useful.