- Configuration settings list
- MediaWiki FAQ
- MediaWiki release mailing list
- Localise MediaWiki for your language
- Learn how to combat spam on your wiki
I offered some responses to:
--21:56, 4 March 2020 (UTC)
Stolen from IDW LA Discord
I like these. Putting these here for now, so I can figure out what I can do with them later.
If you believe someone is engaging in bad faith you have three responsibilities:
- 1. Maintain a charitable attitude. (Ask questions in earnest about why they believe what they believe)
- 2. Continue to engage in good faith. (Don’t stoop to their level)
- 3. Attempt to steer the conversation in a productive direction. (eg. Steelman: ask for clarification and see if you can restate their argument in a way they would accept)
- If you fail in those responsibilities, you should:
- 4. Accept that you could not steer the conversation in a productive direction, leave the conversation for at least 1 hour.