User:KevB-ing/Initial Dev Ideas
A place to sketch out some user/editor/admin architecture.
(please elaborate responses to questions & points below on the associated discussion page)
1.) What subdomains are already in place?
- Might it be a good idea to have separate subdomains for editor meta pages, admin meta pages, and also some more casual user/member/fan interaction pages?
2.) Can the prompt in response to a blank edit summary be enabled by default?
3.) What anti-spam measures are in place?
- Perhaps setting to only email confirmed editors might be of use?
- Possibly, in future, email confirmed and a self introduction on a welcome page?
- (serves to both confirm humanity and indicate some minimal willingness/ability to communicate with others)
4.) Change default theme to something other than "Vector"? (might help visually distinguish from other wikis)
- Timeless dark?
5.) Section numbers by default?
- I find the default section/subsection font distinctions a bit vague sometimes, not sure if such holds for others though.
- Flow/StructuredDiscussions ?
- VisualEditor ?
7.) WikEd and/or some other advanced markup editing interface tweaks?
- like syntax highlighting