Difference between revisions of "The Square Root of Capitalism"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Latest revision as of 19:49, 30 July 2020
The square root of negative one is a way of jumping off of the number line and into a new dimension. Once you start to explore this new territory, you realize how fruitful it is.
Is there a way of looking at capitalism in a similar way? Is there an undiscovered dimension that we're missing that could help us to reframe our current economic theories and see a larger solution space?
Perhaps the most important concept that everybody first needs to understand is the following: "Nothing ever comes for free."
Once that important publicly known concept is grasped to satisfaction, we may consider proceeding as follows: in order to get useful answers to problems, we need first to ask the right questions. Appropriate questions likely useful in this regard are:
- Why do wealthy entities always give a sizeable proportion of their profits to non-profit organizations (which is generally considered a good thing), in line with advices given in some ancient scriptures, even though this is not required by law? .
- Why is such a huge proportion of the financial industry profit-driven and reliant on interest rates for the purpose of creating yet more money?
Instead of charging interest, perhaps we need to shift our focus towards the general good for the public (i.e. stabilizing the economy) and endeavour upon this goal in a gradual yet decisive and responsible fashion.
- Kevin Mitnick,The Art of Invisibility: The World's Most Famous Hacker Teaches You How to Be Safe in the Age of Big Brother and Big Data Publisher: Little, Brown and Company (February 14, 2017)ISBN-10: 0316380504 ISBN-13: 978-0316380508
- Douglas Adams - The Answer to Life, The Universe and Everything in The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, A Trilogy in Four Parts Publisher: Del Rey (April 30, 2002) ISBN-10: 0345453743 ISBN-13: 978-0345453747
- Credit to Umfundisi Bongani of the B.S.C. in a recent communication.
- ColdFusion TV channel on YouTube and more specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzoX7zEZ6h4
- Credit to Advocate Albert Botha of the Pretoria Bar Albert Botha in a recent communication.