Content by Eric Weinstein
Articles and Literature
|Extension of Self Dual Yang-Mills equations across the 8th dimension||Dissertation||Harvard University (1992)|
|How and Why Government, Universities, and Industry Create Domestic Labor Shortages of Scientists and High-Tech Workers||Study||National Bureau of Economic Research (1998)|
|Migration For The Benefit of All: Towards a New Paradigm for Migrant Labor||Paper||International Labor Review, Vol. 141 (2002), No. 3, pg. 225|
|How & Why Government, Universities, & Industry Create Domestic Labor Shortages of Scientists & High-Tech Workers||Blog Post||Institute for New Economic Thinking (2017)|
|The Index Number Problem: A Differential Geometric Approach||Pia Malaney||Thesis||Harvard University (1996)|
|Competition and Careers in Biosciences||Richard Freeman, Elizabeth Marincola, Janet Rosenbaum, Frank Solomon||Article||Science Magazine (2001)|
|Hedge fund transparency: quantifying valuation bias for illiquid assets||Adil Abdulali||Article||RISK Magazine, June 2002, pg. S25|
|Phantom Prices & Liquidity: The Nuisance Of Translucence||Adil Abdulali, Leslie Rahl||Chapter||Chapter Eight of "A Guide to Fund of Hedge Funds Management and Investment" (2002), L. Rahl, Editor, AIMA|
- Ferriss, T. (2016) Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers
- Weatherall, J.O. (2014) The Physics of Wall Street: A Brief History of Predicting the Unpredictable
- 2010: "How is the Internet Changing the Way You Think?" – Go Virtual Young Man
- 2011: "What Scientific Concept Would Improve Everybody's Cognitive Toolkit?" – Kayfabe
- 2012: "What is Your Favorite Deep, Elegant, or Beautiful Explanation?" – Einstein's Revenge: The New Geometric Quantum
- 2013: "What *Should* We Be Worried About?" – Excellence
- 2014: "What Scientific Idea Is Ready for Retirement?" – M-theory / String Theory is the Only Game in Town
- 2016: "What Do You Consider the Most Interesting Recent (Scientific) News? What Makes It Important?" – Anthropic Capitalism And The New Gimmick Economy
- 2017: "What Scientific Term or Concept Ought to Be More Widely Known?" – Russell Conjugation
Selected answers from Eric's answers on Quora:
- In Kung Fu Panda, how does Po end up developing the capability to be an awesome Kung Fu fighter? How does he shift from being a total fat slob to becoming capable of defeating Tai Lung?
- How does gauge theory apply to economic models and indices?
- Was Feynman right when he said "If you give more money to theoretical physics,” he added, “it doesn’t do any good if it just increases the number of guys following the comet head"?
- What is the best thing to do if I'm carrying an abstract algebra book around, and someone thinks I'm doing remedial algebra?
- What does it feel like to have an answer collapsed for the first time?
- What's the hardest instrument to play?
- What does it feel like to read a groundbreaking academic paper?
- Why does an economy need derivatives?
- What is Gauge Theory (intuitively)?
|The Intellectual Dark Web Podcast||037 - Sam Harris Live Town Hall with Eric Weinstein (May 2019)||2019-06-04|
|The James Altucher Podcast||Ep. 471 - The Formula for Innovation (And How to Escape Your Own Restrictions)||2019-07-16|
|The James Altucher Podcast||Ep. 472 - How to Question the World Around You & Find Your Core Theories (Part 2)||2019-07-18|
|The One With Greg Gutfeld||Entering “The Portal” with Eric Weinstein||2019-11-18|
Misc. from Eric’s YouTube channel
@ericrweinstein on Instagram. Eric regularly broadcasts via Instagram Live or Instagram TV. The videos are sometimes but not always available after the stream: 24 hours for Instagram Live, and permanently for Instagram TV. Be sure to activate notifications to see when he is live.